To add a new product open All Products or Product Catalog page, and then click on the "+" button or F8.
This opens the Add new product page.
Entering product main information
The form contains the following fields:
- Name - enter the product name
- Code (SKU) - (Stock Keeping Unit) a unique product label. If the field is left blank, Backstore will generate the code itself.
- Unit of measure
- Category - Select or enter a new category to which the product will be associated.
- Manufacturer - Select or enter a new manufacturer. If the manufacturer is unknown, it is possible to select the value "Undefined".
- Preferred Vendor - Select or enter a new supplier. If the supplier is unknown, it is possible to select the value "Undefined".
All fields are required except for Manufacturer and Preferred Vendor.
After completing required fields, press the CREATE button (F9). After creation, the product editing form opens.
The form for editing an existing product can also be opened by pressing the menu icon in Product View and selecting Edit.
Two additional segments are featured with the basic fields to be filled when creating a new product:
- Products - variants
In the top right corner of the screen is the icon that opens the menu. The menu offers options:
- Add to pricelist
- Set quantities - Allows you to set the amount for all product variants
- Delete - Deleting is not possible if the product variants are used in another application.
If you like you may join pdf document (ex. manufacturer details) at the bottom of the form.
Entering values for properties generates variants. Variants are added by pressing "+" sign, and deactivated by pressing the delete icon. The variant can not be deleted if it is used in another application. In order for the variants to be used, they must have a defined SKU code. Code (SKU) variants can also be automatically generated by choosing save.
The product variation table contains the following fields:
- Code (SKU)
- Name - is generated based on the product name and attributes
- Description - serves to add a variant with a specific description. After adding variant descriptions, it is possible to activate the variant with the same property values again.
- Info - an entry field for additional product information.
- Active - allows you to set variant so it would not be used any more
- Minimum amount - allows to enter a numeric value. When product inventory falls below its defined minimum quantity, the product will be red marked in inventory.
- Maximum amount - allows to enter a numeric value. When the inventory situation for a product falls below its defined maximum amount when the vendor receives automatic orders, the product will be added to the required amount to order the difference between the current state and the maximum quantity.
- Valid - Enabled to enter a date for a product variation term validity. This allows you to manage product series.
- Price - retail, wholesale and purchase. Entered via the menu and set to the default pricelist.