Invoices are documents issued to your customers for goods and services you sell them. Backstore invoices offer many different functionalities regarding creating, printing and sending invoices.
To create a new invoice, click on the [Create New Invoice] button in the Invoices app or press F8 keyboard key. This opens the Add new invoice page.
Define the invoice information (all fields are required):
- Partner information
- Select the partner name from the drop-down list. Upon selection, all partner information (Name, VAT, Phone, Country, Street, City, and Postcode) is filled automatically in the form.
- You can add a new partner to the list by adding the partner information (Name, VAT, Phone, Country, Street, City, and Postcode). When you click on the [CREATE] button the partner will be saved to the list (application Partners), so you can use it later.
- Invoice category allows you to select one of the following invoice categories from the drop-down list:
- Export Invoice
- EU Invoice
- Advanced Payment
- Export Advanced Payment
- EU Advanced Payment
- Credit Note
- Date - select from the date calendar the invoice date.
- Postponement days
- Due Date will be automatically set based on the invoice date and the postponement days, and it can be defined manually.
- Currency - it cannot be changed after creating the invoice.
- TAX Included is used to specify if the tax is already included in the item's price or will it be added.
- Department represents the specified department from which you sell the products, and the system will check the stock availability in the selected department when creating the invoice.
- Payment method
- Payment Date
- To create invoice and save changes click on [CREATE] button or press F9 keyboard key, or click on the [CANCEL] button to ignore changes.
After you create the invoice, you can add items and define the shipping information.
- Item Name (F8) - search for the product in the stock by name or SKU. You can use bar code reader to add items faster.
- Available Stock - the application shows how many items are in the stock and available.
- Quantity - enter the purchased quantity.
- Unit Price - in case the unit price is defined in the price list for the selected product item, it will be filled automatically and then you can change it in this form, otherwise you can enter the unit purchase price value manually.
- Discount (optional field) - enter discount percent rate if necessary.
- VAT - you can choose Tax exemption to make the invoice tax free.
- Amount is calculated automatically based on the defined product information.
- TAX Amount & Total Amount - depending on the TAX included option, the application will either add the TAX amount or deduct it from the total amount. The total amount and TAX amount are calculated automatically based on the defined product information.
- Shipping partner address - define the shipping address if it differs from the customer address.
- Note (optional field) - add a note in the note field for the invoice.
Invoice must be approved using the Approve (F2) option from the menu in order to get it's number. Once the invoice is approve the invoice items are taken off the stock.