Quotes are documents issued to your customers for goods and services you sell to them. Backstore quotes offer many different functionalities regarding creating, printing, and sending quotes.
To create a new quote, click on the " + " button in the Quotes app or press the F8 keyboard key. This opens the Add new quote page.
Define the quote information (all fields are required):
- Department represents the specified department from which you sell the products, and the system will check the stock availability in the selected department when creating the quote
- Customer information
- Select the customer name from the drop-down list. Upon selection, all partner information (Name, VAT, Phone, Country, Street, City, and Postcode) is filled automatically in the form.
- You can add a new partner to the list by adding the partner information (Name, VAT, Phone, Country, Street, City, and Postcode). When you click on the CREATE button the partner will be saved to the list (application Partners), so you can use it later.
- Quote category allows you to select one of the following quote categories from the drop-down list:
- Export quote
- EU quote
- Date - select the quote date from the date calendar.
- Postponement days - enter the number of days the quote should be valid
- Due date will be automatically set based on the quote date and the postponement days, and it can be defined manually.
- Currency - it cannot be changed after approving the quote.
- Retail is used to specify if the tax is already included in the item's price or will it be added.
- Issuer is used to specify the creator of the document.
- Payment method
- Payment date
- Contract is used to specify contract
- Contact is used to specify partner contact
- Project is used to link with the specific project
To create a quote and save changes click on CREATE button or press the F9 keyboard key, or click on the CANCEL button to ignore changes.
After you create the quote, you can add items and define the shipping information.
- Item name (F8) - search for the product in the stock by name or SKU. You can use a bar code reader to add items faster.
- Available stock - the application shows how many items are in stock and available.
- Quantity - enter the desired quantity.
- Unit price - in case the unit price is defined in the price list for the selected product item, it will be filled automatically and then you can change it in this form, otherwise, you can enter the unit price value manually.
- Discount (optional field) - enter discount percent rate if necessary. It is possible to add up to 3 discounts per product. Also, you may use different discounts for each product.
- VAT - you can choose Tax exemption to make the invoice tax-free. Using export invoice categories will automatically use tax-free.
- Amount is calculated automatically based on the defined product information.
- TAX amount & Total amount - depending on the TAX included option, the application will either add the TAX amount or deduct it from the total amount. The total amount and TAX amount are calculated automatically based on the defined product information.
- Shipping partner address - define the shipping address if it differs from the customer address.
- Note (optional field) - add a note in the note field for the quote.
- Contract (optional field) - add a contract info
It is possible to add the additional item description by selecting the Edit description option within the context menu.
The quote must be approved using the Approve (F2) option from the menu in order to get its number.
For internal usage, it is possible to attach the pdf document to a quote.