To create a new purchase order, click on the Create New Purchase order button in the Purchase orders app or press F8 keyboard key. This opens the Add new purchase order page.
Define the purchase order information:
- Partner information
- Select the partner name from the drop-down list. Upon selection, all partner information (Name, VAT, Phone, Country, Street, City, and Postcode) is filled automatically in the form.
- You can add a new partner to the list by adding the partner information (Name, VAT, Phone, Country, Street, City, and Postcode). When you click on the CREATE button the partner will be saved to the list (application Partners), so you can use it later.
- Date - select from the date calendar the arrival date for the purchased goods at the warehouse.
- Invoice date (optional field) - select from the date calendar the invoice / shipment date for the purchase order items.
- Due date (optional field) - select from the date calendar the due date on the invoice for the purchase order items.
- Invoice Number (optional field) - enter the invoice number from the invoice for the purchased items. This filed allows you to link more purchase orders to one invoice (later you can filter all purchase orders with the same invoice number).
- Currency - select the currency of the purchase from the currency drop-down list, the selected currency can't be changed after the purchase order is created. Each organization in Backstore has one default currency, so Backstore automatically applies exchange rates anytime a different currency is used.
- Department - select the department (warehouse) to which the goods will be placed when the purchase is approved. Backstore allows you to define multiple departments for your organization.
- Payment method - select by which payment method the goods were bought.
- Save purchase order: click on CREATE button or press F9 keyboard key to save the changes, or click on the CANCEL button to ignore changes.
- Issuer - select the document issuer from the drop-down list
After you create the purchase order, you can add items.
- Item Name (F8) - search for the product in the stock by name or SKU. You can use bar code reader to add items faster.
- Available Stock - the application shows how many items are on the stock and available.
- Quantity - enter the purchased quantity.
- Unit Price - in case the unit purchase price is defined in the price list for the selected product item, it will be filled automatically and then you can change it in this form, otherwise you can enter the unit purchase price value manually.
- Discount (optional field) - enter discount percent rate if necessary.
- VAT (optional field) - you can choose Tax exception to make the purchase order tax free.
- Amount is calculated automatically based on the defined product information.
- Total Amount - the total amount and TAX amount are calculated automatically based on the defined product information.
- Note (optional field) - add a note in the note field for the purchase order.
- Attachments (optional field): drag & drop PDF files of the original documents to attach them to the purchase.
- Handling fees - if used, column will be shown at the main grid after discount
Purchase order must be approved using the Approve (F2) option from the menu.