To view product Categories select the Categories tab within the Products module. Here you are able to see a simple hierarchical view of the product categories.
The product category defines the following essential product settings:
- Tax group - at which rate will tax the products and services added to the account
- Product Features - Allows you to create variants
- Warehouse inventory - whether inventory changes in quantity and average prices are recorded. For products and goods this should be set to "YES" and for services it should be set to "NO".
The following information is available in the table for each category (1):
- Category name
If it is possible to expand category, the category contains sub-categories that are visible by clicking on expand icon.
Each category in the overview has an option menu (2):
- Create subcategory - Opens a form to create a new category that has a set category.
- Product Catalog - leads to the display of all products in this category
Disabling the Invoicing of the items
If You want to turn on option to disable usage of the items form the product category to be used at the quotes and the invoices, select the option menu within the product category details and choose the Disable invoicing option. Confirmation dialogue shall appear.